The face of the international shipping industry has changed drastically in 2021. With most countries still battling with the COVID-19 pandemic, the transportation process has been slow lately. To start with, arranging inland haulage services has become a challenging task, given the unavailability of trucks, tankers, etc. Most states in India are following partial lockdown with certain scheduled relaxations. In this scenario, online truck booking is the only solution to get cargo transported to shipping ports.
Factors To Consider For Online Truck Booking
Before landing on an online platform for online truck booking, there are a few factors to keep in mind. It is necessary to make an informed decision. After all, inland haulage charges count as the cost of the shipment and affect the profit margin of an exporter. Here are a few things that can make a difference.
- Booking the truck at the right time when there is sufficient availability is a crucial part. The lower the supply, the higher the haulage charges.
- Online tracking facilities are now available for trucks if one chooses the right freight forwarding service. One should look out for this option to ensure the safety of cargo.
- Choose the online booking portal that offers only verified and registered trucks. This factor is essential to avoid any kind of legal trouble.
- Try online truck booking where it is possible to choose between full truckload or less than truckload shipment. It helps save costs.
- Always explore the options to get the right size and type of truck for the purpose. Compromising with a small truck for a large consignment can cost more than needed in the transportation process.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of inland transportation limits imposed by the central and state governments. Making random bookings can be troublesome.
Steps To Book Trucks Online In 2021
A trader will have two options to book trucks online. One is to choose the website of any transporter or truck provider. The second option is to take the help of Cogoport. Let us understand the difference between the two.
With The Help of Cogoport Website
- For online truck booking, visit the trucking section of the services portal of the Cogoport website.
- Click on the “Talk To A Trucking Expert” tab to get the details. Enter name, email ID, and phone number to register.
- Enter the origin and destination of the shipment to get the rates of different types of trucks.
- Mention the option needed like dock stuffing or door-to-door delivery for further details.
- Browse through the available options, consult the online expert and book the truck.
- This website will offer verified trucks with an online tracking facility. Visit the website and scroll through the options to book trucks online.
With The Help of Any Truck Booking Website
- Some of the local transporters and inland haulage service providers also offer online truck booking facilities on their portals.
- Search the options and choose any preferred service provider.
- Go to the booking portal and enter the required details to get an estimated rate.
- If the results match the requirements and budget, make the booking by completing further formalities.
- The reliability and quality of service of local websites may vary. The availability of trucks can also be a factor in this pandemic condition. So, it is crucial to search all the options before making a move!
Make the fastest and safest online truck booking for transporting all types of cargo without any hassle. Get assured help and the best services by choosing a reliable service provider. Always choose the right platform to book inland haulage services and container booking. Follow these tips and instructions to book the next truck for road transportation!